The new Melbourne Magic Festival website is LIVE and you can now register you EXPRESSION OF INTEREST to perform at MMF 2016.
Here’s the link, http://melbournemagicfestival.com/
Good luck to all of you that are performing or wanting to perform.
To give you an idea of how this festival in Australia has grown, see these stats from their site:
“The Melbourne Magic Festival™ was created in 2008 by The Australian Institute of Magic with the two-fold aim of giving Melbournians the opportunity to see world class performances of magic in a theatrical environment, and the chance for performers to create shows that express themselves as artists.
- In 2008 there were 58 performances of 10 different shows seen by 3,200 people.
- In 2009 there were 64 performances of 19 different shows seen by 4,000 people.
- In 2010 there were 101 performances of 30 different shows seen by over 7,500 people.
- In 2011 there were 136 performances of 37 different shows seen by over 9,000 people.
- In 2012 there were 109 performances of 26 different shows seen by over 8,500 people.
- In 2013 there were 175 performances of 40 different shows seen by over 9,500 people.
- In 2014 there were 170 performances of 45 different shows seen by over 10,000 people
- In 2015 we had over 250 shows and free events!
In fact, last year almost 50% of the shows SOLD OUT and most of the remainder were 80% FULL!
Amazing for an Arts Festival of any kind, but unbelievable when you realise that, for its first six years, The Melbourne Magic Festival was totally unfunded and produced by the performers themselves with no grants, subsidies or government assistance of any kind! “
Lets close this post with our inspiring tag line: REMEMBER, EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ENTERTAINED!